The Irish surname Morrissey is an anglicized form of the Gaelic name Ó Muirgheasa ‘descendant of Muirgheas’, a personal name apparently derived from muir ‘sea’ and geas ‘taboo, or prohibition’. On March 2nd 1824, John Morrissey married Margaret Daly at Currow R. C. Church, County Kerry, and James, son of James and Margaret Morrissey, was christened at Killarney, also in County Kerry. Edward Morrisey, arrived in New York on June 15th 1846, aboard the "Hottinguer" from Liverpool. Today there are approximately 13,000 bearers of the surname Morrissey living in the US.
MORRISSEY RAISED FMAILY CREST RING